Okay, it's not actually that far from civilization at all, but today my siblings-in-law and I went on a little jungle trek. It was a pretty tough hike; although it probably wasn't more than a couple miles round-trip. More pics after the jump.
 |
| Baby caravan |
 |
| Steep climb near the trailhead |
 |
| A view of the muddy trail |
Around the half-way point there was this really cool two-story outpost you could climb up to get a view of the tree tops. You can see the city in the distance.
 |
| Bird's eye view |
Here's a video of what I saw:
We took a wrong turn on the trail and ended up in another part of the park that had this awesome waterfall and pond. We saw some kids swimming in it. I was sweating buckets by this time and really wanted to join but a) I would have had to hike back in wet clothes and b) it would have been a bit weird for the kids, probably.
 |
| Awesome waterfall and pond |
 |
| Resting and trying to find our bearings |
When we finally found the correct way back we saw a ton of these gigantic leaves on the ground.
When we finished we each had our own bottle of 100 Plus (Malaysian Gatorade). We needed it.
Regret that I couldn't join, so much fun in the jungle that I'd really love to. But looking at the pic, I felt relief too... with me around, you guys probably won't enjoy the hiking lol...
ReplyDelete