The pasar malam (night market) is a pretty important part of the Malaysian experience, being more popular than its farmers' market cousin that we have in the US. At a typical pasar malam there'll be lots of fresh fresh, meat, fruits, vegetables, snacks, etc. I actually visited last time I was here in Malaysia, but I guess I didn't post anything about the experience (at least I couldn't find anything on the old blog). Here are some pics from my most recent visit to one:
| Stingray! |
Sting ray isn't as crazy exotic as it sounds and, actually, it's relatively friendly to eat because it doesn't have many bones. I still struggle to pick out bones when I eat fish (newb!).
| Feelin' crabby? |
| They've got some big fish for sale |
| Rambutan is one of my favorite fruits; open one up and you'll see the ants like them too |
I discovered rambutan during my last trip. It's also common in Latin America, so you may see it around if you look hard enough. It's kind of like a very large, very sweet grape with a big seed in the middle of the flesh. PheNOMenal!
| We didn't eat all of this pile of greens |
No comments:
Post a Comment