Playing with my nephews/watching them freak out to Gangnam Style is a pretty good treatment for workaholism. As for our journey, I think a map is in order:
View Malasia Trip 2 in a larger map
Thirty hours en route is what I like to call "out of control", but we managed to make it. Wearn and I had a pretty wild ride getting to the Davis Amtrak station on time because 1) I'm an idiot 2) My manager picked the day of my departure to hold a party in my honor (it was also my last day in the group, but that's another story). Thanks to some speedy driving of dubious legality, our friend Stella got us to the train just in time to watch the train doors close. The porter was extremely magnanimous and opened the doors. I'm very grateful to the awesome folks at Amtrak. I changed out of my work clothes on the train.
We transferred to BART at Richmond and rode it it to SFO. Here I am, looking like a goober:
I'd hoped to be able to sleep on the flight as I've been practicing sleeping on my commuter bus to work every day. Alas, it was not to be. I think I got three hours of sleep the whole thirty hour journey. What did I do? I watched, like, six movies, that's what.
On reaching Hong Kong, we only had an hour or so until the connection to Singapore:
Sorry, no time for photos from Singapore or KL.
I think the rest of the trip so far can be summed up by the above video and by you imagining what it's like to shop in a Malaysian mall, watching Wearn get her hair done and seeing the movie Life of Pi in 3D.
Tomorrow we head to Penang and I should have some more pics and vids for you.
Update: I neglected to mention that my sister-in-law, Siew Theng, was kind enough to introduce me to yoga this week. I went to my first class. It was a good workout. Lots of shaking muscles = a good time.
Hi Jake...keep this blog up and I will read it everyday and show it to the family on Christmas Day and New Years. Love & miss you. I just love the little gangsta dancing!!
ReplyDeleteHey mom! Glad you're enjoying it. It's actually Gangnam Style. It's kind of been a huge sensation for a few months now:
DeleteHere's a description of what Gangnam Style is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangnam_Style
Here's the music video that A Bit and A Hang are dancing too: http://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0